Release Notes for MOBOTIX MxBell
MOBOTIX App for iOS and Android. Mobile intercom for MOBOTIX IP video door stations. Receive the doorbell notification, see who is ringing, talk to the visitor, open the door.
- iOS 8 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- MOBOTIX IP Video Door Station (Mx6) with Firmware
184.108.40.206 or higher (for Push notification)
- MOBOTIX IP Video Door Station (P3/PXA320) with Firmware
220.127.116.11 or higher (for Push notification)
- MOBOTIX IP camera (P3/PXA320) with Firmware
4.4.x or higher (live image only, no push notification)
- MOBOTIX IP camera (Mx6) with Firmware
5.0.x or higher (live image only, no push notification)
Note for Android Users: Even when using the most recent Android version, you may experience restrictions in functionality on some Android devices. Unfortunately, this can happen due to the multitude of hardware components of Android systems.
Release 2.0.1 of MxBell App
Creation Date: 2018-04-25
Publishing Date: 2018-04-27
Enhancements and Improvements
Revised Playback View
The revised Playback View allows searching events recorded by the attached door stations and cameras for a specific point in time and to play back the clips using mobile connections.
This new view provides a structured view of up to four camera live streams at once.
Distinctive MxBell Ring Tone
The new and distinctive MxBell ring tone ensures that you will not miss any door bell events.
- MxBell Settings
This new view collects general settings for the app.
- Japanese translation now complete
The translation of the app dialogs in Japanese was incomplete and has now been completed.
- Wrong camera added after Bonjour search
When searching automatically for cameras using Bonjour, the app sometimes added the wrong camera although you had selected the proper camera. This error occurred especially in larger networks where many cameras were discovered by and by in the Bonjour search.
- Restart after changed DynDNS address required
When using a dynamic camera address (e.g., when using remote access via DynDNS), you may have to restart the app after the DynDNS provider has updated the camera's IP address. Otherwise, the app may not show the live stream of the camera.
- Restrictions when using proxies
When using proxy servers, the app may not function properly.
- Wrong time format on Android devices
On Android devices, the app may not show the proper time format in the Player as set in the location/time settings of the operating system.
- Display issues when selecting a point in time
Depending on the resolution/screen size of an Android device, the time selector of the Player (tumbler) may appear too large.
- Optimizations for iPhone X
MxBell is currently not yet optimized for the iPhone X.
- Subsequent changing of camera access data
The app may freeze on Android devices if the access data of a camera in the camera list are changed after adding the camera.
- No skip functionality when using continuous recording
The Playback view has been optimized for event recording. When using continuous recording (without events), the skip functionality to the previous/next event is not available.
- No indication of no recordings are present
The Playback view does not actively indicate if no recordings are present on the selected camera.
- Missing notifications when deleting several unreachable door stations
When deleting several unreachable door stations from the app at once, only one dialog will show a notification that you can still receive push notifications although the door station has been deleted.
- Restrictions when deleting unreachable cameras
If a camera cannot be reached, it may be impossible to delete the camera from the app.
Release 1.0 of MxBell App
Creation Date: 2017-11-10
Publishing Date: 2017-11-14
The MOBOTIX MxBell app can be used as a mobile interface station for MOBOTIX door stations with P3 processor (PXA320). If someone rings the doorbell, the ringing is signaled via push notification in MxBell. MxBell can show the door station's live image, you can talk to the visitor and open the door.
You can also integrate other cameras, show their live image and open an audio connection to a camera. MxBell automatically finds and integrates all cameras in the network that are also accessible via WiFi. Note that you can also add a remote address in addition to the local IP address for each camera or door station. The local address is used for accessing the cameras via the WiFi at home, while the remote address is used when you are on the road. For this purpose, you can define "locations" in MxBell. For each camera and location, you can specify either the local or a remote address and select the bandwidth to use for that connection. When using slow connections, the app will pull smaller images at a lower frame rate (1 image/sec) from the camera or door station and reduce the audio quality.
Notes on Setting Up and Using MxBell
- When searching and integrating door stations and cameras in MxBell, you need to make sure that the WiFi connection is stable. The same applies when you are removing devices from the app.
- When searching automatically, the app cannot find door stations and cameras for which only HTTPS (SSL) has been activated.
- In order to add a device to the app, make sure that you have login credentials of a user with administrative rights on the door station or camera.
- When activating Automatic Notification after adding a door station, the notification is activated for all bells that have been configured in that door station.
- Changes applied to the door station in the Admin Menu > Bell Behavior and Video Mailbox dialog or by using other external configuration tools, may require to manually add MxBell as a remote station in that camera dialog.
- Before removing the MxBell app from an Android/iOS device, you should remove any door stations added to MxBell.
- If you have not used MxBell for a longer period of time (i.e., several weeks), you should start MxBell at least once before you can receive push notifications from a door station.
- MxBell does not use its own bell notification, but the standard audio-visual mechanisms for signaling received push notifications as they have been set up on the Android or iOS device.
- On some Android devices, the sound may not function properly after opening an audio connection to a door station or camera for the first time. In this case, you need to close and re-open the audio connection to work properly.
Copyright © 1999 – 2018, MOBOTIX AG, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org